Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Re-Inventing Yourself

As a teenager, especially going into college, everything is more than it seems to be. There is a daily struggle to find who you are and what you want to happen from this point forward. It feels like you're in a rut and every time you try to pull yourself out of that rut, you find yourself in deeper. 

All of your problems won't be solved by dressing differently or changing your hairstyle but it can truly help. Often times, people will say "If you knew better, you'd do better." I feel this is similar to who we are. If you can look a little better, maybe you'll feel a little better. Dressing like a slob because you feel gross inside isn't the answer, TRUST ME. 

I'm going through this mental battle myself, so I know exactly how it feels. I've been going through some crazy things in my head and often times I don't know what I'm going to do next. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. 

I've wanted to change my hair color for a while now. With that being said, I finally went and got it done. Why not? I couldn't possibly feel any worse. Sometimes, those mental breaks are worse than any physical pain you can experience. 

Getting this color in my hair actually helped me. I gained a little confidence because after I saw it, I was like "omg I look fine." It also helped me to remember that everything will be okay. The joy I felt when I first saw it and loved the way it looked, I remember feeling like that all the time. I want to feel like that again. 

Now that I'm going into college, I have a new look that I absolutely love and I've taken a sigh of relief. 

This doesn't have to be a direct relationship as everyone is different. You don't have to dye your hair. Do what's going to bring you back to that place you once were. Whether it's changing your outfits, wearing lipstick more often, reading novels, or listening to different music. Whatever it is that can help to put you back at your happy place, go for it. As long as it isn't dangerous and hurting you because that's not good either. Any progress is good progress because you're moving forward. No one likes to be in a rut. Get yourself out. Don't do it for anyone else, do it for you. 



Stay Positive ❤️,

      Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment