Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Move-In Day

The wait is over and it's finally happened! I made the transition from living at home, to being an official college student. It all happened so fast and suddenly, it actually threw me off guard.
From shopping, to packing, to organizing... it took months! I couldn't wait to actually leave the nest. I was so prepared to be on my own, doing my own thing. The wait got shorter and shorter as the days went by. Days leading up to the big day, I was an emotional wreck. I cried at the very thought of being away from my Mommy. I couldn't deal with anything rationally. I didn't know what to do. It was too late, I had no choice but to suck it up and prepare myself to move. I was sure that I wouldn't survive.

It now makes 5 days that I've been on campus and honestly, I think I'm doing pretty well.
It wasn't easy moving all these items into school, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

I'm absolutely in love with my dorm room, even though I'm not in it a lot these days.. haha.
The theme I decided to go with on my side was along the color scheme of blue, black, white and grey. Now everyone that knows me knows that I am in love with pink, glitter and all things sparkly. I was able to get out of my comfort zone and try something new.

I decided to include Christmas lights to brighten up my life and add some sparkle to my life.
They're great for nights where I want to relax and just chill everything out.
As you can see, I added the two canvases from a previous post. They really tied my room together and made everything absolutely adorable. On the opposite wall, I have photos hanging up. They're pictures from important moments and people in my life. It really helps to keep my humble and close to home.



I have my desk area set up for just learning. I tried my very hardest to keep my makeup and extra things off of my desk. That way I'm better able to study and do homework. I also added a rug right in front of it so my feet will always be comfy.
Since I have to split the closet with my roommate -- space isn't as I would prefer, BUT I'm able to make it work. I have a shoe organizer (even though they don't all fit). I also have a six part organizer which I use as storage. I put extra towels, makeup, and products I'll need in it. In the blue tote, that is where I put all my extra snacks and drinks that aren't in my refrigerator.

Hopefully you all like my dorm designs! Have a productive and positive school year no matter what level you're at.

No comments:

Post a Comment